Experiencing hair loss, at any age, is an embarrassing condition. It becomes even more difficult when an individual starts losing hair in the young, teenage years. Hair loss takes a toll on confidence and self-esteem. Teenagers get snide remarks from their fellow mates and feel uncomfortable in social gatherings. In this image-conscious era of taking selfies and posting Instagram stories, receding hairline makes the person feel more vulnerable and rejected. So, is there anything that can stop hair fall? How to stop hair loss in teenage guys? Yes, there is a solution to this problem. In this blog, we’re going to address common reasons for which teenagers start losing their hair and how they can stop it.
How to stop hair loss in teenage guys?
- The first and foremost thing to remember is that hair loss is a medical condition, not a cosmetic problem. It is important to identify the root cause of your hair fall. Hair fall can be due to various reasons like nutritional deficiency, unhealthy lifestyle, stress, medication, frequent use of chemicals on the scalp & hair, diabetes, etc. Therefore, consulting an Ayurvedic specialist for a personalised and root-cause based natural solution for your hair fall is important.
- The second most important thing is to take care of your nutritional intake. A healthy, balanced diet is the key to everything, including healthy hair. A diet that is not high enough in iron & protein can lead to hair loss. Those with eating disorders or are on a diet or gyming excessively without supplementing it with a nutritious diet often experience hair loss. If a poor diet is your issue, you can usually reverse hair loss by balancing your food intake.
- Use natural hair care products. Chemical-laden shampoos, conditioners, hair gel, different salon products make your hair silky, shiny and smooth but in the long run, they cause more harm than good. Instead, use natural, herbs based hair care products. You can try Jiva’s range of Ayurvedic hair care products.
- Use fenugreek seeds for hair fall control as they contain vitamin C, A and K, potassium, calcium, folic acid and nicotinic acid. They prevent hair fall and support scalp health. You can soak some fenugreek seeds overnight. Make a paste of it and mix it with some curd. Apply this pack at least 30 minutes before you wash your hair. You can also include fenugreek in your diet for healthy hair growth.
- Amla, reetha and shikakai are three ingredients when combined together can become your one-stop natural solution for hair fall. Amla is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which can help control hair damage and promote healthy hair cells. Reetha is loaded with iron which can promote the growth of hair cells. Shikakai helps in the absorption of the goodness of these two ingredients.
- Do regular oil massage with bhringraj hair oil. You can use Jiva Bhringraj Hair Oil for better hair health. Ayurveda recommends that bhringraj can help you promote hair growth, strengthen hair and prevent grey hair and dandruff.
- Keep control over dandruff. Dandruff not only makes your scalp itchy and oily but also causes hair fall. Therefore, keep your scalp clean by regularly washing and cleaning it properly. You can use Jiva Neem Shampoo for this purpose. Neem’s anti-fungal and anti-bacterial property gently cleanses your scalp, removes dandruff and prevents scalp infection and hair fall.
- Drink amla & aloe vera juice for healthy hair. Amla and aloe vera are natural sources of Vitamin C and antioxidants, which are crucial for good hair health and quality. You can start your morning with these two juices for internal detoxification and purification of the body that automatically promotes hair growth and reduce hair fall.
- Manage your stress levels to reduce hair fall. Stress triggered hair loss is generally short-term or temporary. Once the stress factor is reduced, there is often re-growth, although the process can take up to six months or more, provided no stressor exists. Therefore, practising de-stressing techniques like yoga and meditation is extremely important.
If you continue losing hair and see your hairline receding, don’t wait. You can consult our expert Ayurvedic doctors online, through a phone call or video call, or visit your nearest Jiva Clinic. The doctor will understand the root cause of your problem to offer you a safe, effective and long-term solution for your hair fall.
Be the first to comment.