Understand the root-cause of your problem, and begin your personalized treatment today.
Uterine fibroids usually develop before menopause and are caused due to an imbalance in all of your doshas, in particular, the kapha dosha.
● Follow a kapha and Pitta-pacifying diet if your fibroids are causing bleeding.
● Include herbs like mulethi and shatavari in your diet.
● Have foods that are rich in Vitamin C, like oranges, tomatoes, and broccoli.
According to Ayurveda, uterine fibroids are caused due to an imbalance in all of your doshas, in particular, the kapha dosha. The other doshas are also involved - if there is bleeding, it means the pitta is aggravated, and the uterus being the spot of the apana vata, a fault in the vata is implied.
Fibroids usually develop before menopause and cause heavy bleeding, exhaustion, pelvic pain, back pain, constipation, and a need to urinate frequently. However, most fibroid cases don’t require surgery.
● Follow A Kapha Pacifying diet with a focus on the following:
Grains such as buckwheat, quinoa, barley, millets, oats, and amaranth.
Vegetables like beans, cauliflower, cabbage, and all kinds of greens.
Fruits like peaches, pears, apples, pomegranates, figs, and cherries.
Ghee in small quantities.
● If your fibroids are causing bleeding, you also need to Pacify your Pitta Dosha.
Grains like rice, wheat, amaranth and barley.
Vegetables like carrots, peas, beans, cucumber, and all kinds of greens.
Fruits like pineapple, apples, coconuts, dates, and figs.
Ghee and coconut oil.
● Vitamin C is recommended as it helps lessen the heavy bleeding caused by fibroids. Favour foods that are naturally high in vitamin C such as oranges, bell peppers, broccoli, papaya, strawberries, and tomatoes.
● Include Herbs like liquorice (mulethi), Shatavari, turmeric (haldi), and gotu kola in your diet.
For long-term maintenance of the condition or to be free of it completely, consult a Jiva doctor. Dial 0129-4040404 from your mobile phone or click on ‘Speak to a Doctor’ under the CONNECT tab in the Jiva Health App.
Subscribe to the monthly Jiva Newsletter and get regular updates on Dr Chauhan's latest health videos, health & wellness tips, blogs and lots more.