Knockout Offer. Get upto 25% OFF or Buy 2 Get 1 Free, Select your offer! Limited Period offer till stocks last! Best Prices only on store.jiva.com
Get FREE DIET CHART with Treatment
Help us serve you better
Understand the root-cause of your problem, and begin your personalized treatment today.
The circadian rhythm is like a clock in our body that takes care of when we sleep, rise and eat. According to Ayurveda, a balanced circadian rhythm is very crucial for a healthy body. Heart diseases, obesity, stress, depression, hormonal imbalance, loss of immunity and other neurological disorders can be caused if the circadian rhythm does not function properly. Sleep deprivation effects the brain and cognitive functions, and lowers the overall quality of life.
Side effects of Sleep medicationTo deal with this, doctors prescribe sleep medication. Sleep medications are harmful for the lungs, digestion and have been known to cause indigestion, diarrhoea, headaches, shaking of the arms and weakness. When these medicines are used frequently, people become heavily dependent and cannot fall sleep without medicines. Ayurveda suggests a natural way to maintain balanced sleep.
Sleeping well without medicinesHere are some simple tips that will help you rest well every night.
1. Soothing MilkTake a cup of milk and add a pinch of nutmeg, honey, cardamom and a 1 teaspoon ghee. Drink this 30 minutes before going to bed. This will help you relax and sleep better.
2. Foot MassageSesame or Shirbala oil massage soothes your nerves and lets your brain get in a relaxed state and fall asleep. Do not wash your feet after massage. You may place a towel on top of your bedsheet to prevent stains or wear thin cotton socks.
3. Relaxing BathTaking a bath before going to bed can help the body release toxins and promotes relaxation of the muscles and nerves. It also improves blood circulation, stimulates the vascular and lymph system which induces good sleep.
4. Avoid stimulantsMake it a habit to avoid all stimulants after sundown. Coffee, black tea and other caffeinated drinks will keep your brain active and prevent relaxation. If you must, drink Ayurvedic tea or hot milk with a pinch of turmeric in it.
5. Manage your stressStress produces cortisol hormones which keeps your brain in a state of wakefulness. Ashwagandha, Jyotishmati, Brahmi, Mulethi, Winter Gourd are effective in strengthening the neurological system and managing stress. All of these herbs are found in Jiva Stress-Free tablets. Regular exercise and pranayama are also helpful.
Ayurveda has effective treatment for insomnia without the risk of dependency on sleep medication.
Subscribe to the monthly Jiva Newsletter and get regular updates on Dr Chauhan's latest health videos, health & wellness tips, blogs and lots more.
Understand the root-cause of your problem, and begin your personalized treatment today
100% secure information